Loire Chateaux, Limousin Lakes & Auvergne Volcanoes – Motorcycle Tour
Winding rides along the Loire Valley and into Limousin & French Lake District
7 days/6nights – Loire Chateaux, Limousin Lakes & Auvergne Volcanoes – Motorcycle Tour
Fantastic tree lined roads and the beautiful valley of the winding Loire. Known as the Garden of France, the entire area of the Loire Valley is a Unesco World heritage site all the way down to the Limousin and French lake district
➡️ £695.00 based on single rider & your own room – Pillions ride & stay free and no single supplements 😉✌
Stunning Chateau and enchanting countryside, its like a fairy tale landscape for you to explore. Chinon, Saumur, Blois & some of the villages of the Loire Valley include 8 of the ‘Les plus beaux villages de France’ including the beautiful Montresor.
☎️ Call Rich on 0044 7450 209 780
The tour tracks the River Loire and then deep into the centre of the French Lake District. Visit the eery town of Oradour-sur-Glane left as it was destroyed and all of the village massacred in WWII.
The beautiful lake Vassiviere and the route de l’Occittane
Through the Périgord Limousin Natural Regional Park and along the valley of tehe Dordogne and on to the edge of the Volcans d’Auvergne and the beautiful fairytale lake of the Chateau de Val and stunning roads nr Le Mont Dore.
6 nights in quality 2/3 star accommodation with breakfast and some with evening meal inclusive (tbc) ✅. Excellent local food and drinks and great company.
Click Here – Example Hotel in Chinon used on this Tour
All accommodation is motorbike friendly with parking. Final hotel confirmations upon minimum tour numbers being met ✅
A tour which will stay with you always with fond memories of the Loire Valley and French lake district and the awesome roads and lack of traffic and tolls…and Volcanoes…yes Volcanoes!!
Loire Chateaux, Limousin Lakes & Auvergne Volcanoes – Guided Motorcycle Tour
When you book with MOTOFrance:
- Pillions tour for free *(See quotation for any pillion supplements)
- You get your own room (No single supplements).
- A 25% discount on 2nd rider if room is shared.
Please detail any specific requirements and we will provide a bespoke quote where possible.
Contact us on the button below for any enquires.
Experience of longer days in the saddle and some technical riding
Days 7 days Meeting point TBC Distance 1400Kms approx Group Mixed abilities and bikes Pace Steady Eddy Hours 5 hrs p/day Tolls TBC Min engine 600 Fuel costs £150.00 Food costs £15.00 p/day
What's not included
- Travel to and from the meeting point (We can assist with travel arrangements)
- Travel or Repatriation Insurance
- Lunch & Evening meals
- Parking or Tolls
- Entry fees to any excursions
- Meet at agreed point depending on method of travel
- Ride out 1st day through the Perche national park – No Motorways where possible
- Check into 1st nights accommodation and dinner nr Tours
- Early breakfast and then on the road for 09:00 latest fuelled up and ready to go
- Regular stops for fuel and drinks and a main stop for lunch each day (your cost)
- Finish riding around 17:30 depending on progress
- Last day accompanied to Avranches or Vire – Make own way back to point of departure
- Travel to France – WayPoint – Gouvets, 50410 Service Station and pitstop
- Tour starts heading South on the D999 to St Hilaire du Harcouet & Gorron, Mayenne
- Through Laval & Visit Chateau Gauntier and head in direction of Angers and the Loire
- On D952 follow the Loire Valley east on taking in sights & troglodyte caves
- Chateau Saumur & along the river Vienne to Chinon
- Check in to 1st Hotel
- Head off from Chinon 09:30 – Chateau d’Usse and then Direction ‘Tours’
- Pass through stunning city of Tours past and over the river Loire nr ‘Vouvray’ famous Loire wine Town
- Follow the winding River Loire all the way along D751 to Amboise for lunch and, over the Loire on D952 to Blois and the Royal Chateau
- Finally taking in the stunning Chateau Chambord & down to Chenonceau on the riverside. From here we make our way south to the beautiful towns Montresor & Loches
- and final long leg to check in to 2nd Hotel
- Day 3 – Slow start after breakfast and off to discover 2 days of the local rideouts and stunning roads & locations with the MOTOBreaks Team mainly without luggage as 2 day stay, Including Val de Vienne racetrack, the eery ‘Martyred Town’ in WWII of Oradour sur Glane & fantastic lake region and a few local secrets.
- Day 4 – Leaving the North of Limoges we head via Limoges itself and into the French lake district via D96 & Peyrat le Chateau & Lac de Vassiviere and a twisty afternoons ride for an early check in to accommodation for next 2 days nr Treignac, Massif Centrale
- Next we stopover at the aptly named ‘Riders Rest’ & will be our base for 2 nights.
- After breakfast we head off in the direction through hills and lakes to the Chateau de Val & the edge of the Volcanoes of the Auvergne & Mont Dore (weather dependant).
Day 6 will see us start our journey North once again staying away from Motorways where possible.